It’s important to be choosey when trying to find the right dentist to take care of your teeth. Asking friends and family for a dentist referral can often help you find a good dentist, but there are plenty of things you should consider when trying to find a dentist. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re trying to find a dentist for you and your family:
- Cost/insurance – If you have dental insurance, make sure you check and see if the dentist accepts your insurance. It is also worth inquiring what types of payment they accept, and if they will let you set up a payment plan if you need extensive work done. Here at Perdido Bay Dental, we offer payment plans through Care Credit.
- Location and hours – If you work during the day, or have kids in school, finding a dentist who has evening or weekend hours is important to make scheduling easier. Finding one that is close to where you live or work can also make it less of a headache to find time for a cleaning or even an emergency appointment.
- Emergency hours – Dental problems don’t always happen within a dentist’s regular hours. Make sure there is a way to contact your dentist after hours or on the weekend, where they can advise you on where to go in case of an emergency, whether it’s their office or the emergency room.
- Personality – Entrusting any part of your health to someone requires that you get along with them and feel comfortable with them. When you talk with the dentist, make sure you feel okay talking about symptoms and asking questions. If you don’t feel like the dentist is listening to you or understanding your issues, they probably aren’t the dentist for you. Dr. Djuric is not only one of the top dentists in the Gulf Coast area, he’s also fun to be around. But don’t just take our word for it.
In addition to these factors, here are some questions to ask the dental office:
- Is the dental staff familiar with your benefit plan, and do they offer financial options for treatment costs?
- Is the dental staff helpful and willing to answer your questions?
- How long does it take to get an appointment?
- How does the dentist handle emergencies outside of office hours?
- Will the dentist explain ways to help you prevent dental health problems?
- How kid-friendly is the office?
- Does the dentist use the latest technologies and techniques?
If you’re located in the west Pensacola area and would like to learn more, give us a call today: (850) 542-4428